Milwaukee Scottish Country Dancers
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
March 9, 2020
Terry called the meeting to order at 8:35 pm
Motion was made to approve the minutes from January 13, motion passed.
· Cd worth $2,715 closed out and moved it into checking
· We currently have $3,879 in checking after paying the scholarships
· Musicians have been reserved for the Halloween dance
· We will discuss other details at our next meeting
· Speaker amp is broken, and we need $115 to replace the amp.
· The amp keeps going out and it is no longer under warranty.
· Terry is to call White House to replace the amp.
· Motion to approve replacement of the amp, motion carried.
· RSCDS to adopt procedure, details to follow
· We need volunteers to update our table display and materials.
· It was suggested that people bring in photos for our display
RSCDS BRANCH STATUS
We are now an affiliate group and we pay 45 pounds ($55) a year to be a group. If we want to be a branch it would be 20 pounds ($25) for dancers 25 years, or older.
· Questions that were brought up, were:
· How many people are in the Branch?
· Is it just more of a prestigious thing?
We could be represented in the votes, but it would be a lot more of an effort. We are now qualified to become a Branch if we would like to.
It would be $40 / year for our annual dues instead of $15 that we now pay.
We will discuss further at our next meeting.
Open positions to be filled are:
· Vice President
· 2 at Large Members
· Everyone is invited to attend graduation on March 25 for the beginner dancers at the Mequon/Thiensville location
Motion to adjourn at 9:07 pm
Next board meeting May 11, 2020.
Last modified June22, 2020 PG