Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes

May 10, 2004

Present: Babin, R. Sinclair, Gunderson, V. Phipps, P. Garragues, D. Hankes, McCormick, Baker.

I. The meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m. by president Babin.

II. Minutes of the previous meeting were approved as distributed.

III. New Business
    A.    Discussion was held regarding the use of the Lutheran Home for the Aging as a practice site.  All were in favor of using the LHA site for some or all nights of dancing. The site is available on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday. Dorcas will check with St. Paul's to see if it is available on Tuesdays as well. The membership will be polled regarding their availability for a schedule change. Denise will check to if LHA is immediately available. Once these data are gathered a schedule will be made, using LHA beginning in July if possible.
    B.    Rebecca announced a potential demonstration for a Middle School Cultural event. Since there is no longer a formal demo structure Denise, John McCormick and Rebecca will coordinate the occasion. The date is July 9th.

IV. Old Business
    A.    The nominating committee has received no volunteers for the slate of candidates. One position is open, either for the vice-president or an at large member of the board.
    B.    The annual meeting date is the third Monday in June at St. Pauls. (June 21st)
    C.    It was announced to the membership present that the changes to the by laws and constitution are on the Web page. They are available for an appropriate amount of time before the annual meeting.

V. The meeting was adjourned at 7:45 p.m.

These minutes are being submitted by secretary Hankes to the Web site on May 17, 2004

 Governance page

 Home page

Last modified May 17, 2004